A different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your your first born!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
My 1st ended at 24 weeks, It was a little girl - Mia.
James was very much planned and prayed for.
Sarah-Jane was a beautiful Bonus.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Couldn't believe it, sooooo happy
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Not at all
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 35
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I'd got some of my old OPK's out and went into the loo to test, I'd never had a + OPK despite using them for over a year, as soon as I tested it was +..... I squealled and DH came in to see what was wrong, so I told him and he said right lets go get a HPT, so we got dressed and where going down the drive when the Postie arrived with the parcel of HPT's, poor postie didn't know what hit him, I grabbed them and the two of us ran and left him standing there. Straight upstairs and we did 6 tests (just in case), all of them came back BFP's..... We cried, We laughed,
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
John, My Parents
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
9. DUE DATE?
Mia 1st Nov 2000
James 20th June 2005
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No, evening sickness
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
James - Oranges, orange marmalade, orange chewits, even the orange out of the jaffa cakes.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I took gallstones @16wks, then SPD and spent a lot of time in hospital....
but the biggest thing was needed to be put under for an emergency c-section and not seeing James till he was 30 mins old.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Mia - girl
James - boy
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN?
With James I lost 3 stone, with Sarah-Jane I lost another stone half
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWERS?
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
Didnt have one
18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Hell yes - I have a clotting disorder and had to inject myself twice a day in the stomach. I didn't have an easy pregnancy from 16wks I spent most of it hospital, with gallstones, pancreitis, jaundice, liver functions up the left, enlarged kidneys and bleeding at 30 weeks, I had injections to help develop his lungs. I also was put on bedrest both times because of spd. With Sarah-Jane I went into PTL at 25 weeks and had injections to stop the contractions and bleeding, she ended up staying in till 39 weeks.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Craigavon Hopsital, Northern Ireland
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
With Mia - 26 hrs
With James I was induced tuesday evening and he was born friday morning 3am.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
John was there for Sarah-Jane.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
James was natural for 3 bloody days but then needed a c-section at the end
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Gas & Air & Pethidine
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
May 5th 2005 at 35 weeks
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD?
James John - after his two grandads and his daddy.
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? he'll be 3 this May. If Mia had survived she'd have turned 8 last November.