Pages

Friday 18 February 2011

Letters to my kids

One of the first things I did when I found out I was pregnant with my son back in 2005, was sit down and write him a letter. Since then I write my kids letters on a regular basis and store them in their memory boxes for them to read when they're old enough. I like to share the funny things they've did or said with them and I hope they will enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.  Our two are not short on love, they are told and shown it a hundred times a day, but the love that pours out into the letters is different, it captures the moment for them to look back on and read in the future, here is one I wrote to them this week, hope you like it.


To My Kids - Ten Little tiny fingers and Ten little tiny toes.
I swear seems like only yesterday I had your little fingers wrapped around my finger. When I held you your head snuggled into my neck and your feet curled into my stomach. I held you with just one arm and never grew tired of the small amount of weight. Oh how I loved to snuggle and cuddle with you.

Now when I hold you your head never snuggles but instead is always pulled away looking around to never miss a moment. Or trying to escape to go begin another adventure with your princesses or your star wars toys. Your feet no longer curl gently and rest on my belly but instead hang almost clear to my knees. I’m lucky if I can last ten minutes holding you as that small weight has been multiplied just a few times over the years. You both are growing up way to fast for my liking and yet I know I can't do a thing about it.
Strong and determined your personalities have been shinning through and showing glimpses of the adults you are growing into and the little babies you are leaving behind. You are both so very different in so many ways yet I can still see how Sarah-Jane will copy her big brother James in a lot of things, especially if it involves getting around mummy or daddy. I love the ‘looks’ you guys give when you are getting yelled at. It’s a classic ‘I know I’m too cute for you to really get mad’  and true that is hard to argue with.
Please try and slow down and don't grow up so quick, impossible I know.  I've had a blast these last 4 years and wouldn't change a single thing, love you guys.  Love Mum xx



No comments:

Post a Comment